why I can't print color ps file

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Dec 27 18:20:44 PST 2005

> Anonymous wrote:

> > > Open the ppd file in a plain-text editor (eg "notepad" or "edit") and make
> > > sure these lines exist:
> > >
> > > *ColorDevice: True
> > > *DefaultColorSpace: RGB
> > >
> > > If they specify "False" and "grey" or "greyscale" change them to the
> > > appropriate values. Save, and try printing again.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > John (john at os2.dhs.org)
> >
> > the PPD from the driver CD has the appropriate values as you mentioned, the lines exits as follows:
> > *ColorDevice: True
> > *DefaultColorSpace: CMY
>
> Then post an URL to the file which does not print in color. It may well be that the print job itself
> is configured to grayscale only.
>
> Helge
>
> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
> SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
> http://www.srz.de
the ps file is shown colorful by running "gs -sDEVICE=x11 file.ps". so I doubt that pstoraster filter or rastertohp filter don't output the color paper. the pstoraster filter shell script file as follows:

prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
bindir=/usr/lib/cups/filter

# Set the library/font path...
GS_LIB="${CUPS_FONTPATH:=/usr/share/cups/fonts}"
export GS_LIB

# Options we use with Ghostscript...
gsopts="-dQUIET -dDEBUG  -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH"
gsopts="$gsopts -dNOMEDIAATTRS -sDEVICE=cups -sstdout=%stderr"

# See if we have a profile=n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n option...
profile=""
for option in $5; do
    case $option in
        profile=*)
            profile="<</cupsProfile(`echo $option | awk -F= '{print $2}'`)>>setp
agedevice"
            ;;
    esac
done

# See if we have a filename on the command-line...
if test -z "$6"; then
        ifile="-"
else
        ifile="$6"
fi

echo INFO: Starting ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1... 1>&2
echo DEBUG: Running $bindir/gsrip $gsopts -sOUTPUTFILE="%stdout" -c"$profile" "$
ifile" 1>&2

# Now run Ghostscript...
$bindir/gsrip $gsopts -sOUTPUTFILE="%stdout" -c"$profile" "$ifile"

the filter system is pstops->pstoraster->rastertohp. of them, pstops and rastertohp are contained in cups, pstoraster from ESP ghostscript8.15. I have tried a lot of times to try printing color paper, all are failures.
Any help and tip will be appreciated very much. Thanks very much for help!