Tally Genicom 8008 Color Laser Printer

mythtv at fsmail.net mythtv at fsmail.net
Wed Dec 28 22:30:22 PST 2005

I have bought this printer hoping to share it between Linux and Windows desktops.

Having installed it as a network printer and configured using a static IP address.  I find that it only print via Windows with the supplied Windows drivers.

I contacted the supplier who says it is a GDI printer that only works under Windows.

When searching through I see that other GDI printers have Linux printer capability.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to set up this printer under Linux as I would dearly want to reduce the dependency on Windows.

Thanking you.

TSC