MultiTray Printing : Help Needed

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Dec 30 13:27:36 PST 2005

> If you use a driver with foomatic-rip as the filter, you can do
>
> lp -d lpdps -o InputSlot=Lower -o 1:InputSlot=Upper Testfilewith5pages.ps
>
> to print the first page from the upper and the rest from the lower tray.
>
>     Till

Hello folks,

I'm trying to do something like this, but my problem is a little more complicated. I have to print a 5 page PDF inside a java application running on tomcat. But the user must specify what tray he wants to print each page of the PDF. I've tried to change that command a bit, using (let's say I want to print page 1 on tray 2, page 2 on tray 3, page 3 on tray 2 and so on):

lpr.cups -o 1:InputSlot=Upper -o 2:InputSlot=Middle -o 3:InputSlot=Upper -o 4:InputSlot=Upper -o 5:InputSlot=Middle test.PDF

That works, but I don't know how to skip pages, like just printing pages 1 on tray 2, 4 on tray 3 and not print the rest. If I try:

lpr.cups -o 1:InputSlot=Upper -o 4:InputSlot=Middle test.pdf

It prints page 1 on the upper tray, but it prints all the rest on the  middle tray. How do I skip pages?