[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1354: ghostscript is not able to handle EPSfrom AutoCAD

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Dec 2 06:20:09 PST 2005

"Pablo Rodríguez" wrote:

> [STR New]
>
> ghostscript (using ggv and evince) is not able to display the attached
> prueba.eps, which is an AutoCAD-generated EPS file.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1354
> Version: 8.15.1

What is wrong with this eps file? My fairly old gs 7.00 properly displays it.
The only thing that might be not quite common is that it uses binary tokens (see the
PLRM for details); as the eps has been generated by a program, I see no arguments against
using these.

Helge

PS: But, for proper compatibility with spoolers like CUPS, the sections containing binary
tokens should be bracketed with the "%%BeginData: nnnn binary Bytes" and "%%EndData" comments
(or the older counterparts). With respect to this, the eps file is not DSC compliant.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung