ubuntu cups and hp psc1610 problema

Åke Wistedt w.ake at telia.com
Tue Dec 20 02:51:37 PST 2005

> hi,
> i get the message that the cups server cannot be contacted.
> I'm using ubuntu 5.10 with preinstalled cups hplip and hpijs
> With Ubuntu 5.04 this was no problem.

Hi there, I have the same problem when trying to add my first printer.
It worked fine the other day but something have changed. Printers are gone and there is no contact with CUPS from gnome.
When trying:
"root at w-dell:/home/ake# /etc/init.d/cupsys restart
I get:
 * Restarting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd   [ ok ]"

So it is there, but I cannot access it, I've tried every tip I found but no luck.
Very frustrating, spent many hours already.
//weman