[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1368: first queued job gets damaged when a second one is queued

Marco Zanon info at marcozanon.com
Thu Dec 29 16:40:46 PST 2005

[STR New]

Notes.
a) My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 680, attached to the parallel port.
b) I'm using the gimp-print driver (which always worked fine), but I also
experienced the problem with the stc680p if I remember well.
c) I configured the printer to use the "parallel #1" port, but the problem
also happened with the "parallel (epson) #1" port.
d) I started having this problem when I installed Ubuntu 5.10 a few weeks
ago; the Slackware version of Cups worked fine (I don't remember which
version it was), but I don't think it is an Ubuntu-related problem but a
Cups one.

Try and reproduce the following steps, please.
1) Switch the printer down.
2) Create a print job, for example an OpenOffice letter.
3) Create a second print job.
4) Now switch the printer on.
You should see that the second job is printed perfectly, while the first
is not: either the font is wrong, or the page is badly aligned, or you see
random characters on the page, or there are other alignment problems.

Thanks,

Marco.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1368
Version: 1.1.23