[cups.general] mime.types - what am I missing

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Feb 1 10:04:35 PST 2005

Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since my printer isn't capable of postscript level 3
> I want to rewrite files generated by mozilla by using
> ghostscript

Actually, the PS output from Mozilla is Level 2 - the "3.0" on the
first line refers to the Adobe Document Structuring Conventions
version, which is separate from the PostScript language level.

> I have added the following line to /etc/cups/mime.types
> application/postscript-pswrite	eps ps string(0,%!PS-Adobe-3.0) + \
>                                 contains(0.1024,"%%Creator: Mozilla")

Change this to "application/moz-postscript and it will be checked
before the application/postscript rule.  The MIME types are sorted
alphabetically...