[cups.general] Re: mac os x, canon iR400

David Schlenk david-schlenk at bethel.edu
Wed Feb 2 07:26:13 PST 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Helge Blischke wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to print to a canon iR400 copier from a mac. I believe
>> that the iR400 only supports pcl (since I can print from a pc just
>> fine)...when I print from a mac I get what looks like postscript
>> code. I am assuming I need to convert the postscript from the mac to
>> the pcl that the copier understands....What do I need to do in order
>> to get this to work?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> PS-I have already downloaded the canon driver for the copier
>
> The iR400 *does* understand PostScript (language level 3) according to
> the datasheet from canon's website.
>
> Helge

We have a iR330, which I believe is a slightly older version of the
same machine (it uses the same drivers as the iR400 anyway), and we
have it working with samba/cups/netatalk for windows and mac users. It
doesn't print a thing from the Mac if you use anything other than the
PPD specifically for the Mac from their website.
--
David Schlenk
Operating Systems Analyst
david-schlenk at bethel.edu