[cups.general] Re: Canon iR330\400 PCL only and CUPS

Yahoo Mail vince_mchugh at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 19:22:21 PST 2005

> Anonymous wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to print to a canon iR400 copier from a mac. I believe that
>> the iR400 only supports pcl (since I can print from a pc just
>> fine)...when I print from a mac I get what looks like postscript code. I
>> am assuming I need to convert the postscript from the mac to the pcl that
>> the copier understands....What do I need to do in order to get this to
>> work?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> PS-I have already downloaded the canon driver for the copier
>
> The iR400 *does* understand PostScript (language level 3) according to
> the datasheet from canon's website.
>
> Helge

Helge,

    Many of the Canon iR330 and iR400 were sold with a PCL ONLY print board.
In fact I have one in one of my sales office. If you are getting pages and
pages of PS code printing out then you too have a PCL only printer.

   The good news is I have set these up in CUPS as an HP 4 and it prints
fine. You may loose some of the Advanced functions but most of the basic
functions work. I hope that this helps.

                Regards,
           Vince McHugh
    Color Sales Engineer