Child exited with status 1!

CronoS6 cronos6 at free.fr
Sat Feb 5 03:41:12 PST 2005

Hello,

I use CUPS since november and it works almost well ;)

i have :
printer : Canon i550
OS : kind of 'Linux From Scratch' (Rocklinux)
Enough disk space

since november, everything works fine, i can print without problem, now, i would like to share my pinter in my network. As usually, before ask help, i look around in google and i found some tuts, i tested several, modify conf files several times, etc... after several days of work, tests and tests again, it still doesn't work !

 and now, cups doesn't work anymore :( i bet i modify a file or so, look at this (logged in root):

bash-2.05b# rc /etc/init.d/cups start
cupsd: Child exited with status 1!
cups: unable to start scheduler.

I don't know how to solve this error, i search on google but i can't find  a solution.

Can you help me out to fix this problem and if you know a good tutorial to share a printer in a linux network : i take too

thanks by advance