[cups.general] Please help with printing to smb

Mohammed Riyaz p_mdriyaz at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 6 19:18:10 PST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:48:23 -0500, "bob.ngi" <bob at ngi.it> said:
> Dear nwe friends,
> I beg your forgiveness if the question is too simple but I tried
> following many instructions but could not solve.
>
> I am trying to print from my Linux - CUPS (Debian sid) system
> (192.168.174.244) on my home LAN to my other box running Windows XP
> (192.168.174.242) with an Epson R200 which is shared.

When i tried to get windows pritners working with cups, i was having lot
of troubles with older versions of samba. I got the new version of samba
and the problems were solved.(you dont have to remove your already
configred samba).
just run configure and make, and then create a symlink for the <samaba
source>/bin/smbspool in the cups backend folder.

Morever how are you configuring the printers in samba?
for me only the following convention worked.

smb://usrname:pass@workgroup/win machine ip/sharename

-Mohammed Riyaz P.