[cups.general] always landscape

Paonia paonia at z-iwin.org
Sun Feb 6 22:08:52 PST 2005

It has been a while this is now a front burner issue again.

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 10:46, Helge Blischke wrote:
> Well, obviously your tax software can print to a printer of your choice
> (otherwise you'd not be able to print to the laser writer).
> Thus, I'd suggest to create a printer instance using the ESP supplied
> Dymo PPD you mentioned earlier,
This was done before I write the email (and the labelwriter works from
the command line with -o landscape)

> set the printer port to the samba port,
same as above

> and set the defaults for this printer instance to match your labels.
If you look at my ppd I think you will find I have done this

> That should work correctly without the need to squeeze the resulting
> PostScript code.
from linux yes.

> For your Win98SE, you could either use the cupsaddsmb utility to prepare
> your CUPS printer for use with samba, or you could make an .inf file and
> use the standard install for printer instances.
I changed my smb.conf file so it exports the printer.
I installed the driver for this printer and then pointed it to the cups
server.  I can print to the printer with the (windows) software it came
with fine.

> I hope I did get what you are going to achieve?

I think you did but it does not work right. The tax software does not
have a properties options and offers me little control. Where I get out
of the printer looks like this:
--------------
|	     |
|	     |
|	     |
|name of pers|
|address 1   |
|city,st     |
|bar code    |
|	     |
|	     |
|	     |
|	     |
|	     |
|	     |
|	     |

It only takes up one label.

Before you asked for a copy of the file I am trying to print. I am happy
to supply this if you can suggest how I can get at the raw file,etc.

Thanks,
Paonia