[cups.general] Postscript file coming out wrong.

Alex Finch A.Finch at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 09:10:46 PST 2005

  The application that produces this file is a venerable CERN product (PAW), and
probably predates the definiton of DSC by Adobe, but it is still in regular use
in particle physics throughout the world. I have already found a workaround
which is similar to what you suggest, namely I created a
paw.types
  which contains

#
# special definition for paw generate ps files
#
application/paw                 ps eps   (contains(0,1024,"%%Creator:
HIGZ")+(string(0,%!),string(0,<04>%!)))

and a
paw.convs
which contains

#
# special conversion for paw files
#
application/paw         application/vnd.cups-postscript 66      -

  i.e. I just copy the file untouched by pstops to the printer if it was
produced by "HIGZ". All our printers print on A4 so that is not a problem.