BrowseInterval

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Tue Feb 8 12:37:06 PST 2005

Can anyone explain how BrowseInterval affects the time it takes a
client to receive the server's printer definitions; ie, Added remote
printer "hp001"... etc

If I set the BrowseInterval to 15 minutes, it takes a client system 6 minutes after it added the last printer entry from the server for 2199 printers. Now, if I set the BrowseInterval to 4hrs, it takes about 36 minutes to do the same thing.

Why is it a shorter BrowsInterval takes less time while a longer
BrowseInterval takes more time for the client to receive all printer
definitions? Shouldn't it be constant regardless of the interval?

It appears I'm confused.

Angel