[cups.general] Re: cups does not suck...

Mr E_T troll at arach.net.au
Tue Feb 8 18:07:03 PST 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 09:36, Wolfgang Wegner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well, I cannot say cups sucks...
>
> While LPRng may be a bit more difficult to configure, I personally
> find it better documented and more robust.
> ("Jehova, Jehova!" ;-) )
My only gripe is that LPRng actually offers more features.
It allows pre-filters - by user - or by LPRng itself.

This is useful when you need to modufy the job BEFORE it is spooled.

cups while being a verry good peice of software only offers post queue filters.

If you need to add say a coverpage with user input or si\omthing not covered by a normal print gui
then this is what is needed.

Aside from this Cups is for me much more robust and easier to configure than LPRng.
It is also much better integrated into most programs than LPRng

--
regs MR E_T