setting default options just for text/plain

Andreas Fromm afromm at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Feb 9 01:17:00 PST 2005

Hi,

I migrating our printing system for a Linux-work group from lprng to
cups, and there is one thing I'm not getting to work. We are filtering
plain-text documents send to the printer through a2ps for printing 2-up
pages with a pretty header, and that should continue working with the
cups-system.

My question is now, how can I tell cups that just the text/plain - type
should be printed with "-o prettyprint -o number-up=2" by default? I
tried some changes in the mime.convs file, but couldn't get it done.

By the way, the -o prettyprint isn't doing what it should do. It puts a
Grey bar on the top of the page, but it is not writing the filename and
page numbers.

Is there someone who could give me some hints? I couldn't find something
useful by googling.

Regards

Andreas Fromm