cups 1.1.23: get Printer-Status via API ...

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Feb 9 05:00:53 PST 2005

bFoe wrote:
> Until now I'm not able to get the other infos ("cover-open" [if the
> cover is open], "media-needed" [if no media in tray], etc.).

Currently only the IPP backend provides additional keywords for the
printer-state-reasons attribute.

You can modify the existing backends to use the API for providing
state info for your particular printer.  Basically, send messages
to stderr with the prefix "STATE:" to add, remove, or replace the
reported keywords:

     STATE: keyword,keyword            [replaces]
     STATE: +keyword                   [adds]
     STATE: -keyword                   [removes]