cups 1.1.23: get Printer-Status via API ...

bFoe bf at sf-c.net
Wed Feb 9 06:52:48 PST 2005

Thank you for the information.

I'm so sorry to ask you again. - But I want to understand it.

The KyoCera printer is connect via USB - to the workstation.

What I have to do now?

Plan A:
Within myApp (a C-Programm that uses cups-API) I can modify backend-parameters (in which way? which function call resp parameters). After this, myApp is able to "receive" statusMessages?

Plan B:
Try to modify backend/usb.c (add a leight-weight "check_printer_state () function" like in backend/ipp.c)?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Bernd.