[cups.general] queues stop themselves

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Feb 9 06:53:26 PST 2005

Hello,

On Feb 9 07:30 Helge Blischke wrote (shortened):
> What we did at our site (nearly all printers are network printers
> equipped with JetDirect cards or equivalent) is using the hpnpf
> backend ane let that wait ad infinitum if necessary.

If you access the printers via direct TCP socket then you could
make your own simple backend using for example "netcat" to send
the data to the destination.

Nevertheless parameters in the DeviceURI how many retries
(up to infinite) a backend should do and how long it should
wait between two attempts and how long it should wait for
a printer status at the end (up to no wait at all) would
be nice to have - i.e. for all backends something like
http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#LPD_OPTIONS

Kind Regards,
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de