Fedora 3 - Windows 2000 - HP PSC 950

doyleed at gmail.com doyleed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:11:35 PST 2005

Hi,
For a couple years I have been running RH9 on a HP Pavilion 9900.  My only printer is a HP PSC950 connected to a home made machine running Windows 2000.  Printing was never a problem.  Setting up the Windows networked printer under CUPS after a initial install of RH9 was no problem.

Recently I installed Fedora Core 3 from scratch on the HP Pivilion.  The install appeared to go without a hitch, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to print to the PSC950 which is still connected to the same home made  windows machine.

When I attempt to print anyhting, be it a test page, a application, or even df | lpr, nothing at all happens. However, in the printer queue, I see the following:

 Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
"ERRDOS - ERRbadaccess (Invalid open mode.) opening remote file Test Page"
Device URI: smb://192.168.1.100/HP900

Any suggestions of what I should read, or post back to you to help reslove this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed doyleed at gmail.com