Where can I download cups-samba package

Mangoo mangoo at interia.pl
Sun Feb 13 10:03:19 PST 2005

> I am also interested in the same subject, but it is not easy to find information regarding this mater.

You can easily find these drivers if you just search google for cups-samba-1.1.19.tar.gz and / or cups-samba-5.0rc3.tar.gz...

> Do one have to be certified cups admin to get one printer working w2k/samba/cups..?

I don't know what you mean by a "certified cups admin".
Does one have to be a certified Samba admin to run Samba?

Just uncompress and install cups-samba-5.0rc3.tar.gz, then install a printer on your Samba server, restart Samba (so that it could see the new printer), install CUPS drivers to Samba (for Windows Machines) using cupsaddsmb, and that's it: next time Windows are connecting to that printer, they should download CUPS drivers automatically and print using them.
When you print a Windows test page, you should notice that Windows uses cups drivers.

Tomek