CUPS service hang

markh at uptimecomputer.net markh at uptimecomputer.net
Mon Feb 14 05:25:33 PST 2005

Well I've tried the Fedora mailing list and got nowhere so maybe someone can help me out here.  I recently rebooted one of my FC3 boxes and found that the CUPS service freezes my machine.  The machine itself is pretty plain in that it's a non-custom kernel, no special hardware, matter of fact I've had FC3 on it since I bought it and had no trouble at all until this point.  Now, I've tried un-installing and re-installing the latest CUPs packages but on a re-install, the installation pegs my CPU and the machine becomes unusable.  There was mention in the Fedora lists about it creating the PPD and this might be the problem.  What I am looking for is a list of file locations where cups is installed, or some idea on how to fix the problem as is.  I don't think it's an RPM problem, but it might be.  Any help would be appreciated.