[cups.general] Printing status

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Feb 15 04:50:27 PST 2005

Simon Gao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using CUPS 1.1.23. Everytime after a printer finished printing a
> job, the printing status always says "Print file sent, waiting for
> printer to finish ...." for a long time even though "Printer State" is
> "idle, accepting jobs".
>
> Is there something wrong? When doesn't CUPS detect the job has been
> finised in short time? What can I do to ensure the CUPS retreive the
> correct feedback from a printer?
>
> Simon

Please tell us the printer's URI and some more details. I suspect you
are
using the socket backend. This waits for some indication that the job is
finished in the printer, and this reply seems to be missing.
Perhaps you need to edit the JCL stuff in your printer's PPD. Or use the
hpnpf backend which forces an end-of-job reply provided the printer
fully supports HP's PJL .

Helge

--
Helge Blischke