[cups.general] Will cups support "secure print jobs" in general?

S Clark smc+cups at dogphilosophy.net
Tue Feb 15 09:00:06 PST 2005

On a related note, is there any chance that CUPS may implement
"IPP-over-SSL"(/TLS)?  It would be nice if print jobs could be sent
without their contents being potentially "sniffed"...

I've occasionally wondered if it would be possible to create, say, a "mod_ipp"
or "mod_cups" module for Apache - then presumably the Apache authentication
and security modules can also be used without having to explicitly write them
into CUPS.  Presumably also the same module could be used for creating new
frontends for CUPS if someone wanted to.

Or am I wrong about that?