[cups.general] Printing status

marc at arctic.net marc at arctic.net
Wed Feb 16 09:00:30 PST 2005

All of our HP printers demonstrate this behavior.
They do this whether we use foomatic-postscript or laserjet
We ended up printing to socket because frankly this was the
only way we could get anything out of the printers. We are
printing from Macs via a client.conf to a linux printserver to
hp1200s and 1300s using jetdirects 175s on the 1200 and the
interal jetdirect for the 1300s.  WHile I understood that this
should work flawlessly,  we end up with print not centered on
the paper, print aree too large for the printer, etc. My guess
is that if we spent 40-50 more hours experimenting we might be
able to get it right.........