[cups.general] Will cups support "secure print jobs" in general?

uli wehner mandraks at mandraks.net
Wed Feb 16 10:57:40 PST 2005

Hmm,

let me just add a couple of lines to the whole encrypted printing thing.

Some printers (Lanier LP235c, LD151/160/175 and newer) support printing encrypted. this is the part between the CUPS server and the actual printer. (this would be the important part).

Device URI: http://printerhostname:443/printer will print encrypted.

Using a CUPS print server all printdata passing through this CUPS server would be encrypted between server and printer.

Note: i have not been able to use ipp:// or ipps:// but that might just be me...

Regards
Uli Wehner
Solutions Engineer
Lanier Worldwide, Inc