Can filters (i.e. texttops) be used for postscript printers?

mrl mrl at psfc.mit.edu
Fri Feb 18 13:36:18 PST 2005

I have a Xerox postscript printer that doesn't accept text files, so
that when I want to print a text file  from the command line, I can't
simply use lpr.  Is there a way to configure it using Cups, so that text
files are processed automatically via texttops?   The only way that I've
managed to do it, is by using foomatic, and defining it to be a generic
postscript printer (via the REDHAT printconf command).  Is there any
other way?  Thanks. -  Mark