No Printing To a Remote LPD server

Jochen Roedenbeck roe at spl-spindel.de
Mon Feb 21 09:35:18 PST 2005

I have a problem printing to a remote LPD server from a newly installed
Suse Linux 9.2 system with CUPS. The remote system is an very old
computer running an ancient Linux version. But it works and it accepts
print job. Nevertheless CUPS does not print there. The log says (in log
level debug) that the connection ist opened and some command is sent (7
bytes). Waiting for the answer results in an error. So the queue
becomes disabled and nothing is printed. I thought, there may be some
kind of timeout, but I did not find any option to change.

Some hints?