No Printing to a remote Cups Server

Overslayer dale at accpick.co.za
Tue Feb 22 00:13:00 PST 2005

I am primarily a java programmer, and have been tasked with the porting of
an old DOS based program, into the millenium, and specifically to run on linux.

I have enjoyed the linux experience, up until trying to get printing working, which has been nothing short of a nightmare.

I was able to get local printing working, from a Red HAt 9 box, after about 2 days of trying and googling. Try as I might, however, I am unable to print to this printer on the Red  Hat Box (It is an OKI 33220, 9-pin dot matrix) from a client box running Slackware 10. I have spent 2 days on this problem, and despite discovering that I am not alone in my frustrations, no solutions have been forthcoming.

To describe my situation, lets call the "server" box, with printer attached RH9, and the "clent" SL10 - I have edited cupsd.conf on RH9 such that the BrowseAddress is the local network (192.168.0.255), and SL10 now immediately detects the printer, but if I send a job, all appears fine, no error messages, but nothing prints. No entries are made in the error_log on RH9.

I include the stripped down version of cupsd.conf, in the hope that somebody can offer a suggestion to solve, what in reality should be a basic problem.

Thanks

ServerName progs2.accpick.co.za
LogLevel info
MaxLogSize 0