No Printing to a remote Cups Server

OverSlayer dale at accpick.co.za
Tue Feb 22 04:43:21 PST 2005

Mark

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am able to telnet into the server, so no worries on that front.

If I stop the cupsd daemon on the client, it is no longer able to see any of the remote cups printers, so I am wondering if that is not a clue to the solution.

The server logs reveal nothing, yet the client logs indicate that the comnnection is being refused (when cupsd is running on both machines)

I am not experienced enough to know where to even start to look to sort this one out :

D [22/Feb/2005:14:41:55 +0200] [Job 2] Getting supported attributes...
E [22/Feb/2005:14:41:55 +0200] [Job 2] Unable to get printer status (client-error-forbidden)!

Any ideas??