[cups.general] paper size defaults to A4 for all users

St Clair, Robert R SEPCO robert.stclair at shell.com
Wed Feb 23 13:36:54 PST 2005

I am trying to change one location on my CUPS server so that all users will not default to A4 media.

As root I have used the printers gui to modify the /etc/cups/lpoptions file.  I can see the change, but only root is able to make use of the change.  I can't figure out how to change it in one place for all users.

The only thing that has worked is creating a .lpoptions file in the users home account.  We are not against having an .lpoptions file for unique printer characteristics, but at our location there is no one that will use A4 media.  It is all letter size media.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob