adobe acrobat 7 on MacOSX

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Feb 24 08:30:22 PST 2005

I found another posting about a user not being able to print from acrobat without sending as an image, but no reply.
Printing from preview seems to work fine, but printing from Acrobat 7 results in the document being printed very quickly but no print job if the job is sent as postscript.
OS X seems to be able to associate two different programs with pdfs (it associates preview by default but if you save a file from acrobat reader it shows the acrobat icon.)
I am guessing this is a mime-type issue but am lost as to how OS X manages two icons for the same file extension and how that would be addressed in CUPS.