lpoptions file and client printing

Brennon Church bchurch at orionmulti.com
Fri Feb 25 10:20:32 PST 2005

Hello all,

I've come across something that I was hoping someone out there might
have an easy solution for.  I've got a cups server and a few clients
browsing to it.  On the server, printing using lpr works fine, as the
/etc/cups/lpoptions local file gives the appropriate settings
(specifically in regards to margins).  On the clients, however, lpr
doesn't appear to be using the lpoptions on the server.  From what I've
read so far, this appears to be happening because lpr uses the lpoptions
file on the local system, which isn't brought over when using browsed
printers.

Is there a way to have the lpoptions from the server work on the clients
as well?  Or would I have to copy the /etc/cups/lpoptions file over
manually to those clients that need it?  I've been reading through the
cups documentation, FAQs, and discussion postings but haven't yet seen
this come up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--Brennon