cups 1.1.19-100 freezes system on boot

seupel at web.de seupel at web.de
Tue Feb 8 02:34:54 PST 2005

Not sure if this is a bug or of interest at all. I am running SUSE 9.0, have 2 printers attached, lp0 on board, lp1 on PCI card. Both printers work. The problem is, printer at lp1 must be switched on while booting, otherwise system freezes after message "Starting cupsd". This happens with cups 1.1.19-100 (latest version SUSE online update supplied me). I reinstalled 1.1.19-75 from CD, and system boots with both printers off.
Shall try if I can use current version form this site.

r.s.