BeginDocumentSetup and EndDocumentSetup

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Feb 8 15:02:10 PST 2005

I have had problem printing a Postscipt (PS) file via the CUPS system.

The  PS file has one embeded EPS file. The EPS has the DSC pair:

%%BeginDocumentSetup
  %  Some Postscript code  here
%%EndDocumentSetup

When I send the PS file to a PS printer, nothing comes out. But when I used "lpr -l file.ps" or "lpr -oraw file.ps" to bypass the CUPS pstops filter, then the file got printed.

So I believe that the CUPS pstops filter has wrongly treated the above DSC comments. If I delete the %%BeginDocumentSetup and %%EndDocumentSetup comments, then the file can get printed fine even after passing through the pstops filter.