[cups.development] Reading completed jobs files

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Mon Feb 28 12:17:33 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 02:18:55PM -0500, tino wrote:
> Hi, i'm developing a self-service printing platform, and i've to
> read client hosts from /var/spool/cups/c*****.
> how can i read those files? there is some libraries?
>
> i'm using perl but c is ok too.

The correct way to do this is to use the CUPS API.

That being said, someone announced such a Perl module there some
months ago, so maybe it's available from cups.org (follow the "Links"
link)

I've written a partial implementation of an IPP message parser in
Python, but I'm only interested in textual fields, contact me if you
want it.

bye

Jerome Alet