[cups.general] server config query

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Thu Jan 6 08:32:39 PST 2005

I am trying to setup a central cups server for multiple redhat clients.

So far I have done the following.

1. Configured the cups server against a network printer
2. Verified that the cups client on the server can see the network
printer via lpstat -a
3. Configured a cups client on another box on the network.
4. Modified /etc/cups/client.conf to point  Servername to the cups server

When I attempt a lpstat -a on the client box, I get the following error
message;

lpstat: Unable to connect to server: Connection refused

I am running the cups distribution on Red Hat Enterprise.
I have tried upping the debug level on the client and server, and cannot
see anything.

I have network connectivity between the boxes, and the iptables firewall
on each box is disabled.

I thought the issue might be on the server that various Browse options
need to be set, but am unsure.

thanks for any assistance,

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.