Problem using cups

Ed Ed
Thu Jan 6 12:10:03 PST 2005

Hello all,
        I am having a problem starting cups to set up some network printers. It seems that when I try to do anything with cups (or lpstat), I get a error that says:

error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However, the libssl.so.4 is located in the /lib64 directory.  I have
tried to put symbolic links in /lib and /usr/lib, but I still get the same problem.

When I do a:

# ldconfig -v | grep libssl

I get:

./ldconfig: Can't stat /opt/sge/lib/glinux: No such file or directory
./ldconfig: Can't stat /opt/nmi/lib: No such file or directory
./ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/lib64/qt-3.1/lib: No such file or directory
./ldconfig: Path `/lib64' given more than once
./ldconfig: Path `/usr/lib64' given more than once
        libssl.so.4 -> libssl.so.0.9.7a
        libssl3.so -> libssl3.so
./ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libcprts.so is too small, not checked.
./ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libcxaguard.so is too small, not checked.
./ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libcxa.so is too small, not checked.
./ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libifcoremt.so is too small, not checked.
./ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libifcore.so is too small, not checked.
./ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libifport.so is too small, not checked.
./ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libunwind.so is too small, not checked.

Anyone else have this problem or know of any fixes.  I am using Rocks 3.3.0 on AMD Opterons.

Thanks for the help,
Ed