[cups.general] HP1010 and Minolta USB Printers

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Fri Jan 7 01:53:30 PST 2005

Update to the current CUPS version (the new feature was already
introduced earlier, but I do not remember the CUPS version), restart the
daemon, run "lpinfo -v", and you will see printer-specific URIs (ex:
"usb://HP/PSC%20900%20Series?serial=MY21AC21J6WP" instead of
"usb:/dev/usb/lp0"). Change the URIs of your print queues to these new
ones and jobs will always go to the correct printer, independent of the
sequence how you have turned on your printers.

    Till