[cups.general] start admin tool from PC where cups is not

abo abo at brujulatelecom.com
Fri Jan 7 05:03:47 PST 2005

by default all user friendly distributions comes with whole cups package installed. this and the browsing feature of cups makes very easy to access all printers on your lan. i can't see any problem in making the start point your own machine.

anyway, if you want to change this is enough to set a variable

CUPS_SERVER=anyip

also you can specify a default printer this way

PRINTER=anyprinter

obviously the user can change this variables, but you can put it, for example, in /etc/environment to set it for everyone by default.

see you