Ricoh printer

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Sun Jan 9 16:13:30 PST 2005

Brian Ronk wrote:
> I'm trying to get a Ricoh printer to work through CUPS.  Right now I am
> just getting: "Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60
> seconds...: Success".  I have it set as a Samba share through windows
> and it should have access for everyone.  Is this a case of the drivers
> not working right?  Thanks.

Huh?

I'm not even sure from your post whether you have the printer connected
to your Linux computer or your Windows computer.

I assume you are trying to print to a Windows printer from Linux?

What connection string are you using in CUPS?

You need to use the format:

smb://username:password@windows_server/printer_name

If you are using domain authentication, you also have to register your
samba install on the domain first.

Dan