[cups.general] Epson SP R300 only prints from GIMP

ben paley ben at spooty.net
Mon Jan 10 00:26:24 PST 2005

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> You need foomatic-rip, but I do not know in which BSD package it is. If
> you do not find it, report its absence in BSD as a bug to the BSD people
> and proceed as shown on
>
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/cups-doc.html
>
>     Till

This isn't working: I found foomatic-filters (it didn't come in the normal
way... but there's another story) and now I've got foomatic-rip
installed... but it doesn't seem to have helped.(What is it supposed to do,
actually?) I've gone through the linux-printing instructions several times
with no success. And I am still perplexed by the fact that Gimp continues
to print fine more or less whatever I do, via lpr.

???

Thanks a lot for your help,
Ben