cli_session_request() failed

p_mdriyaz at fastmail.fm p_mdriyaz at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 12 05:23:48 PST 2005

Hi,

I was having problems configuring cups with IIS on the windows machine(only the first job prints after which cups halts), so i thought of using smbspool instead.

I have samba 2.2.8 installed. I configured the printer as
smb://username:password@workgroup/server/sharename

but i get a cli_session_request() error.

in the logs as well as the printer web interface.

when i use smbclient to list the shares on the windows machine i get the list of shares along with the printer listed there.

Could you please let me know how i could fix this.

Thank you,
Mohammed Riyaz P.