[cups.general] page_log / Database logging

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Sun Jan 16 21:53:50 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 06:25:31PM -0500, Alex Monaghan wrote:
> Is it possible to get CUPS to log it's entries to page_log into a database (preferably MySQL) ?
>
> I need to be able to perform some stats on printer usage and also roll-up the printer usage for
> billing purposes.
>
> Any suggestions greatly recieved

PyKota :

  http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/PyKota/action_Presentation

you can now easily re-export PyKota's database into CUPS' page_log
format if you want to use tools like phpPrintAnalyzer or
PrintAnalyzer, but connecting to the database from OOo is really
easy to do as well if you prefer.

bye

Jerome Alet