PPD for Epson R300

ben paley ben at spooty.net
Mon Jan 17 15:49:18 PST 2005

Hello,

I'm looking for the correct PPD file to use with my Epson Stylus Photo R300.

lptest > /dev/uplt0

works OK, and so does printing from the Gimp (I chose the printer from the
drop-down, and set 'lpr' as the command).

In KDE printer management I've tried two PPD files: one is stphoto2.ppd
which comes woth cups, I think. The other I made by doing

foomatic-ppdfile -p Epson-Stylus_Photo_R300 -d gimp-print >
~/foomatic_EpsonR300_gimp-print.ppd

The former actually prints, but VERY SLOWLY, and it quite often just stops.
Also, the dialogues are very generic, and lack any of the specific features
of the printer.

The latter gives me all the bells and whistles in the dialogues, but then
doesn't actually print anything.

I think the problem is finding the right PPD file - can anyone help?

Thanks,
Ben