[cups.general] fax4CUPS with RHEL3

Kaze kaze at packhouse.org
Tue Jan 18 14:46:18 PST 2005

Thom Paine wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I'm trying desperately to get hylafax working with RHEL3.
>
> I want to be able to print to a samba printer share, and I've been told
> I need this fax4CUPS rpm package to be able to do it.
>
> I've installed that, and the install says I need to add a fax printer
> with the URI.
>
> I don't understand this step, and was wondering if anyone has it
> working?
>
> I have a hylafax in /usr/share/cups/backend and a ppd file
> in /usr/share/cups/.

The backend (on Slackware) is in /usr/lib/cups/backend/, and the ppd is
in /usr/share/cups/model/ .  Also, while I don't know about Hylafax, I
do have eFax working with fax4CUPS, using a USRobotics serial fax modem.
  With the eFax backend and package, you *must* edit the backend script
for your installation of efax.

Hope that helps some.