[cups.general] always landscape

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Jan 19 04:55:07 PST 2005

Paonia wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 08:43, Helge Blischke wrote:
> > Paonia Ezrine-N'Shaiha wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a printer that I need to always print to in landscape. The
> > > application I use to print to this printer does not have a landscape
> > > option (it is closed source and they have been asked to fix this but
> > > have not yet done so). I am wondering if there is a way to always have
> > > it print in landscape.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Paonia
> >
> > If oyu post (an URL to) a sample file, I could give you advice how to
> > modify
> > the PS code accordingly, e.g. by an additional CUPS filter.
> >
> > Helge
>
> Try these:
> http://www.northbranchgroup.com/dymo/label1.ppd
> and
> http://www.northbranchgroup.com/dymo/labelsample.ps
> Thanks,
> Paonia

Thanks for the sample files. Could you please post some more information
on how the
print jobs are created?
Obviously the PPD you posted is *not* the PPD the print job has been
created with
(it is a PPD for a language level 1 LaserWriter), and the page
dimensions of the PS file
do not conform to any of the page size options listed in the PPD file.

Obviously the PostScript creating application runs opn a Windows box,
but I can't figure out
on which one. Please tell what Win version, what PostScript driver etc.,
and what label size
is requested.

Helge

--