[cups.general] RE : Epson LQ 500 printer

squareyes squareyes at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 19 06:13:19 PST 2005

Hi all,
I am having problems getting my Epson LQ 500 dot matrix printer to work
properly on Linux using Cups.
I am not sure I am in the right place here, but have tried just about
everything else, various Linux distros with the same results.

Using the driver on the list (LQ 500) it will print, but only the left
hand 2 thirds of the page. If the page is resized it will only print the
left hand 2 thirds of that. The quality of the print is also very bad,
appears as if it's only using a third of the pins.
If I use the 24 pin driver the print quality is good, but still only the
left hand 2 thirds of the page.

Set up as a "generic printer" I get continuous pages of machine code
that require the printer to be turned off, removed from the printer
installed list, and my machine re-booted to stop it.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Many Thanks,
Take Care

Winton