Postscript job printed as text.

James Hill james at cranleymagic.me.uk
Wed Jan 19 15:00:54 PST 2005

I am trying to replace a Mac with StylusRIP for my EpsonStylus Pro 5000 with CUPS running on Fedora Core 3.  I am using Apple's PPD for the RIP and Adobe's postscript printer driver on my Windows NT4 Server.  It Connects to my linux box via lpr printing protocol (ip_addr:queue).

Postscript jobs arrive at the queue ok, however the postscript interpreter in CUPS is treating it as text instead of a postscript job and i get quite a few pages of postscript code dumped onto paper. Any ideas?