[cups.general] cups and apple laserwriter 16/600

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Jan 20 04:11:44 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 07:04:04AM -0500, Helge Blischke wrote:

> Are you sure the Apple LaserWriter speaks LPD ?
> I suspect it will rather speak PAP, or perhaps AppSocket (that is, try
> one of the pap backends or
> the socket backend).

I confirm that the Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS speaks LPD

Here's my own configuration which works with CUPS 1.1.14 (Debian
Woody)

DeviceURI lpd://myprinter.mydomain.com/lp

my ppd is "Apple LaserWriter 16/600, Foomatic + Postscript"

It works perfectly here, so I don't understand why the original
poster has any problem with this

hth

Jerome Alet